Well we are starting week 15 and doing super. Mommy still has barely any bad signs of pregnancy. There is no swelling, no throwing up, no cravings (daddy is lucky), barely any crabbiness, and mainly just using the bathroom frequently still (I don't think that will change any time soon!). The major event that happened this past week (on Wednesday) was Ann and her mom got to hear the heartbeat of grandchild #1 (on Ann's side) and #12 (on Dave's side). Yep, it TOTALLY brought home the fact that there is a baby in my tummy! I mean I knew it was there, but the heartbeat put it all in perspective. Yes, there were even a few tears of joy shed by both mommies. :)
+++ this week, baby's eyebrows and hair on the scalp are starting to appear
+++ the ears and eyes now have baby-like appearance and almost reached their final position
+++ the skin for baby is developing, but is so thin that you can see the blood vessels through it
+++ the bone and marrow are continuing to develop along with the baby's skeletal system
+++ by the end of the week the baby should be able to make a fist (hopefully I won't feel this
for a while though!)
Mommy is still drinking her water and in fact, she has almost cut pop out of her diet completely. On occasion I can have some, but V8 Splash and other juices are better then the pop and sugar drinks. The weekly walks have continued (actually we try to walk three times a week-inside of course).
QUESTIONS
None at this time
PARTING WORDS
Life is continuing to be good. I found out that I can have the baby in my room after delivery and s/he will stay with me unless I need some sleep and then visitors can see s/he during that time or when I am bathing. In other news, I felt useful and helped Daddy Dave with some nail pulling upstairs as we start to remodel our bedroom/bathroom. No worries though, both of us wore masks and didn't do more then an hour of work. Not much else here from the "White House." Take care and chat with everyone next week. :)
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, you make pregnancy sound easy. :) I hoep the good health and little stress continue through most of your 40 weeks!
ReplyDelete