So it is week 19 and moving along swiftly! I can't believe how times flies! Many adventures this week, but nothing dangerous, just more then nothing. Lots of good food this past weekend and man I felt stuffed come Monday night, and it wasn't the baby growing inside of me! Friday Dave and I ate at Chez Durman. It was yummy...we had tuna casserole and good salad! The crazy cake, was that, crazy, but delicious! Saturday, my mom and sister came down for the evening to have a combo birthday dinner for Dave and myself. We ate at Castle Hill and their buffet was to die for....literally I think we wore a path to the buffet! We all were groaning on the couch come 7:30 that night. It was hilarious! Sunday was a brunch at Snow Castle Rodenberg! We had a home-cooked meal with the rest of the clan to celebrate Emily's 15th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY! So needless to say the brunch was soo filling, dinner was very minute, but for a good reason. Monday was all me.....well Dave too cuz it was his birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE! I cooked tacos per his request for a birthday dinner. He was very simple and only wanted tacos....thanks for making it easy! Phew! I must have had at least 4 of them and wanted more, but geez, my tummy was full! So that was a fun food filled four days!
+++ baby is roughly 10 inches long and .5-1 pound
+++ this week baby's skin becomes covered with a slippery coating that protects it from getting chapped or scratched
+++ baby's kidney's are developed enough to make urine
+++ baby's hearing is continuing to develop and probably hearing lots of sounds
+++ baby's brain is developing neurons, nerves, and other muscles to help communicate
Well now to the adventurous part. Rose, my sis-in-law came over Saturday and we were set to de-wallpaper what is going to be baby's room, when plans changed. They DRASTICALLY changed too. We got to work and then Daddy Dave came in and reassessed the situation. He decided instead of doing more work in the long run with the wallpaper and walls, he said go ahead and take it down to the lath (for those of you who don't know, lath is old fashioned walls, they didn't have sheetrock). So Rose and I went right to work. It was WAY more fun then taking the wallpaper down. Plus we saw the results immediately too! Thanks Rose! After a bit, Justin and Dave finished the soon to be master suite and came to help us in the nursery. However, after a bit, it became too dusty for me with all four of us pounding away and I decided to bow out. It was pretty funny though when all three came downstairs. They looked soo funny from white hair (Rose and Justin) to almost white glove looking hands (Dave). Good thing I got away while I could! he he he.
QUESTIONS
None this week.
PARTING WORDS
Once again, sorry it is Wednesday and not Sunday for you regular readers. I guess I am becoming slower now....eeek! Nah, it was just a busy weekend and we didn't feel like blogging on Sunday night. In other news, and things to look forward to, I have a birthday party coming up March 21st! For those of you who are interested, please email me for details. Also coming up March 25 mommy and daddy will get to see baby Smetana!!! We still haven't decided whether to know the baby's gender, it will be a last moment decision probably. So stay tuned for maybe a picture of baby Smetana, who knows?! Still no luck with the commenting on this blog, but we will keep trying. Have a good week, hopefully the sun will continue to shine and ad in some good weather too!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Almost 20!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment