Bat woman here I come!
So as the title reads, first I am in my fifth month or the beginning of my eighteenth weeks! So far the sailing is good! No symptoms like morning sickness, swelling, cravings, crabbiness, or even backaches. My tummy is growing a little because my pants are becoming a little tighter, but nothing unwearable yet. So the immediateness (is that a word) is okay, but no doubt it will probably be the hottest summer alive until I deliver in late July, early August! ;) That is alright though I can bear it for sure.
+++ eyebrows and hairs on baby's scalp are continuing to appear
+++ baby is still having hiccups, even though mommy hasn't felt any yet
+++ brown fat is beginning to develop under baby's skin (this helps keep baby warm during the transition from mommy's womb to the world outside
+++ baby's bones are beginning to harden (called ossification)
+++ baby's ears and legs are first to ossify, in other words, baby is starting to hear sounds outside of the womb (this would be a good time to talk to baby or have music play sometimes)
So now to the Batwoman part...those of you that are scared of bats, skip directly to the Parting Words part. So this past week, Daddy Dave and I both had Wednesday off and we worked upstairs. We took advantage of the nice weather (it was 41 degrees) and I was throwing boards out the window from the second floor to the backyard. While long story short, I ended up stepping on a bat, like the animal not the bat as in baseball!!! Dave said I flew from one end of the room to the other in two seconds flat and shut the door behind him, not worrying about Dave. He barely understood what I said, but eventually turn towards where I was standing and saw the bat on the floor flaundering. He scooped it up and threw it out the window onto the snow below and let it die there! Holy smokes! So needless to say I was finished helping him for the day in there. All is okay though, no one got bit and I think the bat was more scare of me then me of him, although I was/am very scared of bats still!
QUESTIONS
1. Does anyone have anything that would work for heartburn other then Tums?
2. Any travel recommendations for longer car rides (like 4 hrs. plus)?
3. Any good recipes for smoothies or drinks/dishes to get more vegetables into one's diet?
PARTING WORDS
First off, let me apologize for skipping a week on this blog. Dave and I were gone all weekend and then on Monday I had to take a friend to Urgent Care and well after that the week escaped from me. I have two symptoms that have appeared, but nothing major. I am beginning to notice a little more heartburn as well as fatigue setting in earlier (like 9pm rather then 11). It is ok though. As Dave said, just go to bed when you are tired, no big deal. So tums have become a friend of mine as well as turning in earlier these days (no evening movies without me falling asleep). Also starting this week, Dave and I are starting "Tummy Time." This means daily, Dave and I will be relaxing with baby and listening to music/sounds (without words) roughly for about thirty to sixty minutes in hopes to take some family time and help baby relax too. This is all from the "White House" tonight. Thanks and good night. Oh, and hopefully coming next week there will be a way for anyone to post a comment without using their own email addresses.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment