Sunday, January 18, 2009

Greet and meet

Hello one and all. Well Dave and I would like to welcome you to our baby blogging spot. This way Dave and I figured out we could send out information without saying the same thing a zillion times. Also you can visit our blog as much or as little as you want and get information as you have time for and at your convienance. So, we are new at this and hope you will bear with us as well.

BABY NEWS

+++ my uterus is a little bigger than a grapefruit

+++ baby is a fetus now, no longer an embryo

+++ baby is reaching 2.5 to 3 inches in length and weighs roughly 1.5 ounces

+++ baby is about the size of an apple!

+++ eyes and ears are moving to correct position on face

+++ taste buds and teeth are forming as well


Mommy is getting enough water per doctor's request. Dave is helping me with my diet and nutrition. He is also making sure instead of me reaching for sugary snacks I reach for more healthy ones. Although sometimes, I do treat myself. I am also limiting my caffeine intake, mostly only having one can of pop per day. I am the luckiest and unluckiest mommy right now. I am the luckiest because I don't have hardly any bad issues with pregnancy right now. However, I am unlucky because I have to pee a lot/often. Thus, I know it will ONLY GET WORSE! eek! So all in all, all three of us are doing well. Have no fear, I am also not helping my hubby with painting the "man cave" downstairs. :)


QUESTIONS

1. Why is it that I am suppose to sleep on my left side, and does it really matter?

2. Does it hurt the baby if I sleep on my tummy?


PARTING WORDS

So Dave and I would like to thank you for visiting our blog. You are welcome to answer our questions or email them or just ignore them. We encourage you to continue blogging with us and our baby until he/she arrives. Also we will try to update this weekly (we will try) on Sundays usually because we are both home and can write this together. Thank you and feel free to share this site with other friends and relatives.


Ta ta for now,
Ann, Dave, and baby

1 comment:

  1. What are the best sleep positions?
    The best sleep position during pregnancy is "SOS" (sleep on side). Even better is to sleep on your left side. Sleeping on your left side will increase the amount of blood and nutrients that reach the placenta and your baby. Keep your legs and knees bent and a pillow between your legs.

    If you find that you are having problems with back pain, use the "SOS" position and try placing a pillow under your abdomen as well.
    If you are experiencing heartburn during the night, you may want to try propping your upper body with pillows.
    In late pregnancy you may experience shortness of breath; try lying on your side or propped up with pillows.
    These suggestions may not sound completely comfortable, especially if you are used to sleeping on your back or stomach, but try them out and you may find that they work. Keep in mind that you may not stay in one position all night and rotating positions is fine.

    What positions should I avoid?
    Sleeping on your back: This can cause problems with backaches, breathing, digestive system, hemorrhoids, low blood pressure and decrease in circulation to your heart and your baby. This is a result of your abdomen resting on your intestines and major blood vessels (the aorta and vena cava).

    Sleeping on your stomach: When you are farther along in your pregnancy, your abdomen undergoes physical changes and makes it more difficult for you to lay on your stomach.


    Great Resource as you go along:
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/

    ReplyDelete