Sunday, July 5, 2009

36 and almost full term!

So it has been a full month and no word from the "White House." Sorry about that people. It has been a VERY BUSY month to say the least. Every weekend we were going somewhere in June. We went to Menards one weekend to get more house building stuff, then a baby education class...man our brains got full, then a baptism where we were the Godparents, then a baby shower, father's day brunch w/Dave and my uncle/aunt/cousins, and then we went on our vacation to Florida! So needless to say the craziness is starting to calm a bit. Then the next thing you know, baby Smetana will be here! Eeek! Nah just kidding.


+++ pupils of baby's eyes are now well developed enough to dilate and detect light

+++ baby is about 5.5 pounds and 18 to 20 inches long (crown to rump)

+++ dimples are starting to form on baby's elbows and knees

+++ baby has more regular periods of sleep and wakefulness (usually up around 7am and sleeping during the day and then back playing after dinner time)

+++ brain growth is continuing quite well

+++ baby's lungs are approaching maturity


QUESTIONS

1. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to bring/not bring to the hospital (4 baby/mom)?

2. How does one TRULY know when it is time to go to the hospital other then water breaking?

3. What are some things that have worked for moms in the hospital to help with labor? (Yes, I know a few, but other suggestions are appreciated.)



PARTING WORDS

So June has come and gone and I barely know where it went, seriously! So Dave and I survived the vacation to FL...even the driving down there and back. Phew, thanks family for a wonderful vacation and thanks Jean/Andy for sharing your van ride with us too! Florida was EXTREMELY hot and humid, but I didn't melt away and neither did baby. Yes, my feet did swell and there was a little time when I was uncomfortable, but all in all I would do it again. We had great fun at the beach, hanging out with relatives (the ones who introduced us all to MEXICAN TRAIN, and catching up with family, seeing grandma and aunts galore! Who could forget Cordy Belles! It was awesome and so was our waiter....hilarious! So now it being the beginning of the 36th week of having a baby, I am very limited to traveling both because I want to have the baby at home and I am sick of driving....I guess driving to FL will do that to you for a bit! I am now at the point where we are preparing for baby Smetana. I have started my "nesting" phase as some say. Upon returning home after vacation, Dave and I got to work cleaning, laundry, etc. I, of course, took it farther and cleaned my car, Dave put in the car seat for baby, Dave put together a baby cart to put baby things in, put together a crib, I cleaned baby totes and organized baby clothes I got from garage sales, and many other little nesting things! Yep, he is happy cuz things are getting cleaned and he doesn't have to do it. Actually I probably wouldn't be satisfied if he did it because I am being obsessive compulsive! So all in all it is going well. The hot weather is to be expected and therefore, I will be doing little work that is tiring, but I am still doing well. Mommy is finally starting to "show" that she is pregnant, not quite looking like she is almost due, but ah well. Things are still going well, no struggles other then the swelling of feet of course, but no biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment